Fulfilling role for those who would like to work among young adults and be part of the Multi-Faith team who won a national central award recognising the service they offer.
University of Lincoln Multi-Faith Chaplaincy is looking for a volunteer Lay Sikh Chaplain/Faith Advisor to be available for the University community to respond and offer pastoral and religious support to Sikh staff and students.
A minimum of two hours a week but this is flexible. If you are interested and would like to know more about it you can contact Subash Chellaiah firstname.lastname@example.org or for an informal conversation 07500910372
The role involves:
- Provide individual and group pastoral care and spiritual guidance to students and staff. (This can include personal issues, bereavement, cultural issues, relationship challenges and faith struggles.)
- Offering befriending support and particularly offer support for Sikh students.
- Offer a listening support.
- To be an Associate member of Sikh Society/Group if any, advising and providing support if necessary.
- Attend University Welcome week and support other Chaplaincy events.
- Work with other services within the university and signpost students to appropriate services if needed.
- Appropriate training will be provided