Fulfilling role for those who would like to work among young adults and be part of the Multi-Faith team who won a national central award recognising the service they offer.
University of Lincoln Multi-Faith Chaplaincy is looking for a volunteer male Muslim Chaplain to be available for the University community to respond and offer pastoral and religious support to Muslim staff and students.
A minimum of two hours a week but this is flexible. If you are interested and would like to know more about it you can contact Subash Chellaiah firstname.lastname@example.org or for an informal conversation 07500910372
The role involves
- Provide individual and group pastoral care and spiritual guidance to Muslim students and staff. (This can include personal issues, bereavement, cultural issues, relationship challenges and faith struggles.)
- Facilitate access to local Islamic groups for Muslim student and staff.
- Advise the university, when needed, on practices, rituals and beliefs of Muslims.
- Be pastoral rather than evangelistic in your approach to students.
- Be a friendly presence to students – a listening ear.
- Work with the University Chaplaincy Co-ordinator to use designated faith spaces appropriately and imaginatively.
- To be an Associate member of the Islamic Society, advising and providing support for Muslim students.
- Be positive and supportive of the work of the University of Lincoln.
- Abide by the Health and Safety and security rules of the University of Lincoln.
- Attend University Welcome week and support other Chaplaincy events when possible.
- Work with other services within the university and sign post students to appropriate services if needed.