University of Lincoln Multi-Faith Chaplaincy is looking for a volunteer Hindu Chaplain to be available for the University community to respond and offer pastoral and religious support to Hindu staff and students. It is a fulfilling role for those who would like to work among young adults and be part of the Multi-Faith team who won a national central award recognising the service they offered.
A minimum of two hours a week but this is flexible. If you are interested and would like to know more about it you can contact Subash Chellaiah firstname.lastname@example.org
The role involves:
- Provide individual and group pastoral care and spiritual guidance to students and staff, to those with personal issues, vocational issues, bereavement, relationship challenges and faith struggles.
- Offering befriending support and particularly offer support for Hindu students.
- Offer a listening support.
- To be an Associate member of Hindu Society advising and providing support if necessary.
- Attend University Fresher’s week and Chaplaincy welcome events.
- Work with other services within the university and sign post students to appropriate services if needed.
- Appropriate Training will be provided